WHY SHOULD I CONSIDER A CAREER IN THE TRADES?
- Career stability: Trade jobs are in high demand and are often considered essential positions, providing students with stability and job security.
- Good earning potential: Trade jobs can offer a good income, with many tradespeople earning salaries comparable (or more) to professionals with college degrees.
- Hands-on learning: Trade careers offer students the opportunity to learn and work with their hands, providing a hands-on, practical learning experience.
- Opportunities for advancement: Many trade careers offer opportunities for advancement and the potential to start one’s own business.
- Skills that are in demand: Trade skills are in high demand, and students who pursue a career can be confident that their skills will be in demand for years to come.
- Alternative to traditional 4-year college: Trade careers provide a valuable alternative and students can avoid the high cost of tuition and student loan debt.
- Career satisfaction: Many people find great satisfaction in working in the trades and enjoy the tangible results of their work, such as building a structure or fixing a problem.
I previously worked in the history field but there wasn’t a lot of job opportunities. I like the idea of being able to melt stuff…it’s cool!
– Mariah Kenny, Robot Welder, BTD Manufacturing