Company Overview: BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary: Under general supervision, operates the manual welder and inspects/ensures the production of quality parts. Inspect parts. Help with design of jigs and fixtures for a safe and efficient operation. Working 3rd Shift, Sunday – Thursday, 11:00PM – 7:00AM.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee:
1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods.
2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment.
3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Ability to visualize and interpret blue prints and sketches.
2. Manufacture quality parts by referring to the pattern, and paperwork.
3. Ability to use the basic inspection equipment (calipers, height gauge, etc.) to be able to inspect parts being produced by the individual.
4. Ability to produce quality welds with the settings the cell was setup with.
5. Ability to adjust to changes in production requirements.
6. Ability to acknowledge problems with the welder and be able to get the correct individual involved.
7. Maintain a clean and safe work area by following the clean-up schedule.
8. Must be able to use the computer software to clock in and out of work and in/out of jobs along with checking job count.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent. Working 3rd Shift, Sunday – Thursday, 11:00PM – 7:00AM.
Experience and Skills Required: At least two years of wire welding and other related mechanical and shop experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*** If you are viewing this opportunity outside of our website and are interested in applying or if you would like to see a list of all our open BTD positions, please go to: www.btdmfg.com***
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Tagged as: BTD Manufacturing, Welding
-Machinist Needed -Welding Skills -Fabricating -Old School Lath -Old School Drill Press -No CNC. -Will be welding benches and fabricating...Apply For This Job
-Aluminum welding -Fabrication -Assembly of metals to complete process of Greenhouses manufacturing. -Cutting metals to measured size. -Grinding of metals....Apply For This Job
Valley Staffing is in search of a Wire-Feed Welder. -Welding galvanized tubing -Assisting production needs -General Labor Duties will be...Apply For This Job