Web Application Developer
Every professional wants to work for an industry leader. Now is your chance as Hearth & Home Technologies is hiring a Web Application Developer in Lakeville, MN.
A career at Hearth & Home Technologies puts you in the position of working with the most popular brands in the industry, and having an impact on a product that people love. The hearth is the center of the home and family life.
Hearth & Home Technologies provides careers that fuel your professional growth. You’ve already reached an impressive level of success in your career, and now is the time to capitalize on all of your skills in a rewarding career without limits.
The team you work with will be highly skilled and trained. The products and company you represent are best-in-class.
This is a senior level developer role that reports directly to the Digital Marketing Director. This positions is responsible for supporting on-going maintenance, as well as participating in new development of our web and mobile applications. The ideal candidate is passionate about delivering high-quality products, ensures consistent use of technical architecture standards, assists with complex problem resolution efforts, and may also provide recommendations to management regarding technology direction and/or drawbacks and glitches.
Important deliverables to be successful in this role include:
- Implement a Sitecore 9 Instance and drive template creation and componentized structure for personalization
- Standardize all style sheets
- DAM integration with Sitecore
- PIM integration updates as system grows
Supporting activities include:
- Participates in the design, development, enhancement and support of web based and mobile web based applications using technologies such as JAVA, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC/WebApi, JS libraries, MS SQL Server.
- Follows best practices for the full software development life cycle, including adhering to coding standards, setting up and maintaining builds for continuous integration, designing and coding enterprise framework components, and performing code reviews.
- Develop applications, templates, and components for Content Management Systems such as Sitecore.
- Investigate and solve challenging time sensitive production support issues.
- Work in an agile, rapid development, and prototyping environment.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience; May have technology certifications.
- 5-10 years of progressive work experience designing and developing web based applications.
- Expert with application development tools such as Visual Studio or Eclipse.
- Expert in server-side languages such as C#, Java, etc.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases, and the ability to write database queries in MS SQL Server.
- Creating web services (RESTful API, JSON, XML, AngularJS, HTML5).
- Experience in working with cloud systems, specifically for application hosting, file storage, and other related concerns.
- Skilled in development for Content Management Systems such as Sitecore.
- Experience customizing workflows and integrations with SFDC.
- Experience integrating with 3rd party services, including social applications (e.g. Facebook, Twitter).
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- Exposure to source control systems (SVN, GetHub).
- Experience working with Product and Business Management teams.
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring other team members.