Supervises production operations according to established priorities and schedules. Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Can oversee multiple lines, flexible hours and travel at time for training/development.
1. Educate and monitor all safety rules, policies and activities
2. Manufacture products that are safe for human consumption and meet the customer expectations via quality specification control measurements; Maintain Good Manufacturing Practices standards
3. Guide compliance to company rules, policies & procedures to ensure a safe & fair working environment
4. Provide support to the daily activities of the manufacturing equipment and hourly employees
5. Guide employees on Continuous Improvement initiatives through line leadership
6. Ensure operation of manufacturing lines will meet performance standards for each work center and product
7. Critically monitor and review the daily line performance and make improvements or adjustments as needed
8. Provide an open working environment that promotes development and positive recognition
9. Provides training for personnel
10. Communicate effectively with line personnel and management holding line meetings/training classes as required
11. Maintain staffing to meet line standard staffing levels
12. Ensure all daily manufacturing documents are completed and are accurate
13. Update operation manuals as changes occur (job descriptions, training checklists, equipment operations, cleaning procedures, JHA’s and JSA’s)
14. Administer disciplinary action in partnership with Human Resources to employees to have (violated company rules, procedures, and policies or have poor performance
15. Maintain adequate supply of operational tools and supplies.
16. Monitor day to day unit activities and resources across shifts to meet and/or maintain safety, quality, cost, service and employee morale objectives.
17. Develop short and long term plans to provide continuous improvement in safety, quality, cost and employee development/satisfaction
18. Provide leadership and physical presence across shifts to achieve objectives
19. Prepare reports for Production Manager and support that position as needed
20. Provide an atmosphere conductive to the effective use of teamwork to achieve objectives
21. Assist in development of Line Coordinator
22. Execute other duties as assigned by Production Manager
EDUCATION: Four-year degree in Business or Food Technology or related field or relatable/equitable experience
· 3 – 5 years manufacturing experience on a production/packaging line
· 2-4 years supervisory (leadership) experience
Skills and Abilities:
§ Proficient in Microsoft Office, i.e., Word, Excel, etc.
§ Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
§ Strong organizational skills and ability to organize and follow through on projects and jobs
§ The ability and experience to lead specific safety, quality, and cost projects
§ An understanding and preferred experience with servant leadership
§ Ability to multi-task and set priorities within the department
§ Ability to troubleshoot problems
§ Ability to mentor and train others