Company Overview: BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary: Under general supervision operates welding, assembly or machining equipment or various types of presses in the manufacturing area. Working Friday – Sunday, 5:00AM – 5:00PM.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee:
1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods.
2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment.
3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Reads and understands simple blue prints and sketches.
2. Manufactures parts to blue prints and/or sketches using Operator Inspection Instructions (OII) as guide.
3. Inspects parts produced as instructed by Operator Inspection Instructions (OII), teacher, set-up person, lead-person or supervisor using tools such as tape measure, caliper, micrometer, protractor and document findings.
4. Upon completion of production operation, returns pattern, check fixture and any documentation forms to proper location.
5. Stacks parts, cleans machines or does other duties as assigned.
6. Operates various types and sizes of stamping presses in a safe and efficient manner or some machines including milling machines, CNC machines, spot welders, turret machines, rivet machine and others as instructed.
7. Uses software programs to enter time/payroll information, job information, etc.
8. Performs those duties as specified on the Daily Maintenance/Safety Checklist for equipment being operated.
9. Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent and 18 years of age. 6 months of recent manufacturing, mechanical or shop experience.
Experience and Skills Required: Recent mechanical and shop experience that includes the following skills and abilities would be beneficial.
1. Some knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in the production process.
2. Some knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions
3. Ability to understand and follow routine oral and written instructions
4. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
5. Must have average math skills and mechanical ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
*** If you are viewing this opportunity outside of our website and are interested in applying or if you would like to see a list of all our open BTD positions, please go to: www.btdmfg.com***
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Tagged as: BTD Manufacturing, operations
Valley Staffing is looking for a metal finishing technician -Grinding Welds -Polishing Metal Welds -Deburring -Punch Press -Turret Press -General...Apply For This Job