Lakeville Arenas is accepting applications for Arenas Driver – Operations Lead Worker. This position is responsible for cleaning, maintenance, and minor repairs to arena ice surfaces, dasher board systems, resurfacing equipment, buildings, building systems, grounds, and grounds equipment, utilizing a variety of maintenance equipment and tools. Responsible to supervise the operations
workers and other when supervisors and managers are absent.
This position is schedule to work up to 28 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Lakeville Arenas Locations:
Lakeville Ames Arena 19900 Ipava Avenue
Lakeville Hasse Arena 8525 215th Street West
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Responsible for Arena Operations and supervising arena operations workers in absence of Arenas Supervisors and Managers.
2. Perform resurfacing of the ice surfaces between user groups ice times in a safe manner, while monitoring ice conditions and adjusting machine settings as needed to ensure the best possible ice surface for customers.
3. Perform daily ice maintenance to the ice surface to include edging and chiseling the ice along the boards, shaving and building ice thickness to maintain a consistent thickness throughout the entire rink surface that is safe for skaters and minimizes energy consumption to maintain.
4. Perform maintenance and minor repairs on resurfacing machines and equipment to include performing inspections, changing blades, greasing, watering batteries, replacing worn parts, washing and waxing of machines, charging batteries, and documenting
maintenance and repairs as completed.
5. Perform inspections and record readings and conditions for ice thickness and conditions, ice plant settings and readings, dasher and rink glass conditions, water treatment systems, building systems, facility cleanliness, AED’s, fire extinguishers, eye wash stations, air quality testing, and building management systems.
6. Perform daily janitorial responsibilities to include sweeping and mopping of all locker rooms, restrooms, lobbies, halls, bleachers, and other areas used by customers and staff, cleaning of toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors, dispensers, fixtures, and surfaces in restrooms, filling toiletry products, stocking supplies, vacuuming of rugs and carpeted areas, cleaning of all tables, drinking fountains, games, vending machines, windows, glass doors and other surfaces, and the emptying of all trash and recycling containers throughout the buildings.
7. Perform other operations duties including assisting customers, operating and selling concessions, skate sharpening, renting skates, selling pro shop supplies, game operations, selling ice rentals, monitoring public activities, security, stocking products, taking inventory, assigning locker rooms, answering phones, printing schedules, and taking payments.
8. Perform maintenance and minor repairs including but not limited to buildings, dasher boards & glass systems, roof repair, electrical, plumbing, heating, carpentry, painting, winterizing and vandalism repair.
9. Perform grounds maintenance and repairs involving mowing, trimming, weed control, seeding, sodding, irrigation, mulching, trash collection, shoveling snow, salting sidewalks, sweeping sidewalks, power washing surfaces, snow, salting, and other work as needed.
10. Have the availability to assist with medical emergencies, take control of situations, and complete necessary reports as required.
11. Perform other maintenance and minor repairs on other equipment such as concessions equipment, floor scrubbers, rubber flooring, signs, bleachers, benches, lawn mowers, snow blowers, small grounds equipment such as trimmers and blowers, and vehicles.
12. May operate any of the following equipment:
Electric Zamboni Ice Resurfacer, Electric Ice edger, Floor Scrubber, Arial Lift Equipment, Single axle pickup truck and trailer, Riding mower with sweeper attachment, Snow blower, Skid Steer
13. Provide excellent customer service by welcoming, engaging, and assisting customers and visitors, responding to customer complaints and concerns in a calm, professional and respectful manner, maintaining and promoting good relationships between co-workers, supervisors, and the public. Comply with policies and procedures regarding uniforms, personal hygiene, and portraying a professional and identifiable appearance for customers.
14. Comply with and implement all safety rules, regulations and practices including wearing appropriate safety equipment as required to protect the employee, co-workers and the public.
15. Participate in educational classes or seminars as requested by the city.
Tagged as: maintenance
Planning, promoting, leading and assisting with recreational programs and special events for children ages 3-12. First review of applicants will...Apply For This Job
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044