The Quality Technician has the accountability for inspecting and verifying that the product produced is made in accordance with the Customer’s specification and meets the Company’s quality expectations.
This position has no supervisory authority.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Quality Technician consist of but are not limited to:
· Perform periodic product and process quality checks to ensure material is not defective or damaged and that material is appropriate to customer specifications.
· Sample and test incoming ingredients and packaging supplies based on specifications.
· Maintain accurate records and results of quality assurance.
· Use lab equipment to perform quality tests.
· Conduct audits of finished products, production lines
· Communicate effectively with Line Lead regarding any issues related to packaging seals, codes, weights, packaging integrity.
· Communicate effectively with Production Supervisor on quality issues.
· Dispose of off quality, improper product and materials in designated areas.
· Conduct line inspections for cleanliness
· Perform visual quality check of packaged and finished product to ensure that they are not damaged or defective.
· Collect all samples, micro-samples and retains needed for Hearthside Food Solutions customers.
· Maintain a clean and organized work area.
· Document product records in computer program.
· Perform all other duties deemed necessary, or required by the Quality Supervisor and Manager.
· Willingness to work overtime when asked.
· Ability to maintain a positive and productive relationship with co-workers and others with whom the position may have contact.
· Willingness to work as a team member and help out where needed to ensure maximum process efficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· One or more years experience working in a manufacturing environment
· Food industry experienced preferred
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044