To plan and manage the General Merchandise Department to promote sales and achieve profit margins and labor goals; ensure a positive shopping experience for customers and a safe and positive working environment for associates.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Emphasis in this position is ongoing department planning, execution and evaluation to ensure maximum sales and profit opportunities, effective cost control, efficient utilization of labor and strong customer service levels. Primary challenge is consistently meeting or exceeding department profit and labor goals. This position is responsible for providing effective training, development and work direction for department associates and requires the ability to encourage individual and group effort toward department objectives. This position requires judgment/decision making, social skills/verbal interaction, memorization, reading, writing, math, moderate to heavy lifting, walking, operation of forklift, pallet jack, order processing tools and box cutter. Position functions and work hours may vary according to business needs. Assignments and work direction are provided by the Store Manager or person in charge.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS
1. Assist customers and ensure proper service levels and courtesy from all associates
2. Develops effective daily/weekly work plan based on weekly sales projections, budgeted labor goals and previous operating results
3. Implements and maintains coordinated, aggressive and creative merchandising plans, using Division guidelines, which maximize sales, variety and gross profit
4. Ensure accurate pricing and signage within the department
5. Supervises General Merchandise associates to ensure efficient labor utilization and effectiveness in meeting department objectives
6. Ensure accurate pricing and signage within the department
7. Manages general merchandise receiving, invoicing, pricing, shrink control and inventory to ensure proper product control and that gross profit goals are met
8. Trains and develops general merchandise department personnel
9. Supervises department safety and sanitation programs
10. Performs General Merchandise Department personnel functions
11. Performs as Manager on Duty supervising entire store as needed
12. Observes standards and procedures regarding store security and confidentiality
13. Follows all store and department policies and procedures
14. Performs other duties as assigned or delegated
My Cub. My Way.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers’ evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates’ career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044