• Set up all machines including loading machine language programs between the CNC lathe controller and machine software
• Establishes spin programs: debugs new machine language programs as pilot runs, modifies programs to facilitate type of material changes and performs backups of these changes when necessary.
• Must be sufficiently proficient in the use of machine software to set up and maintain files of programs, job set up measurements, tooling and supplies data.
• Makes periodic adjustments to machines as needed to maintain required part specification and quality level.
Also sets up safeguards and tools for use, follows production schedules to plan work in work cells, supplies and removes parts and material.
• Lubricates (oils) the critical moving parts and performs routine maintenance of machines and tools as per equipment manufacturer’s requirements.
• Performs regular safety inspections
• Removes and stores chucks, rollers, cutters, dies, and other tooling, after inspecting for required repair and / or sharpening, and other related items
•Completes necessary paperwork and record keeping in connection with duties that are accurate, legible, and complete
•Inspect and measure machined parts to ensure blueprint specifications are met.
• Perform preventative maintenance on CNC equipment. Maintain up-to-date maintenance and calibration schedules.
• Document actions by completing production and quality logs as required.
• Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area at all times.
• Comply with all company processes, procedures, quality directives and safety procedures.
• Must be aware of, and work to, established set-up and part per hour run times, and part quality requirements as established on work orders.
• Support and participate in ISO, Lean Manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
• Operate a forklift as required to move raw and finished goods.
• May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Two-year machine tool technology degree, and 3 years of machining experience in a metal manufacturing environment.
• Team orientated individual, Safety and Quality conscious and a highly motivated self-starter.
• Understanding of, and experience with, programming codes.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Ability to use measuring instruments (e. g. gauges, micrometers, calipers).
• Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to machining problems.
• Quality Management System
•Labor ticket entry system (Visual)
• Must be able to lift 50#
• Frequent stooping, bending, twisting, squatting, pushing and pulling
• Occasional lifting above shoulder level
• Must be able to stand for 8-10 hours at a time
Personal Protective Equipment:
• Safety glasses
• Steel-toed shoes
• Respirator as required
• Ear plugs as required
• Manufacturing facility
• Noise levels can be high depending on the job being run
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044