At Dick’s Sanitation/Lakeville Sanitation (“DSI/LSI“ ) we believe our most important asset is the people who make up our company. Our standards and objectives are high. We are committed to the team philosophy and believe that our common effort will build an organization of which we can be proud.
As a family owned company since 1966 that started with one route and one truck, we have grown to over 140 employees and operate 90 trucks. Our company offers a wide variety of services, including: residential, multi-family, commercial, compactor, and roll-off services.
We continue to grow and evolve with the following Operating Philosophy:
Quality and Service for the Customers
Opportunity and Prosperity for the Individual
Profitability and Growth for the Organization
At DSI/LSI we are committed to the continual fulfillment of these principles through teamwork. Teamwork empowers individuals to achieve and innovate by vesting in them the authority to act and the responsibility for results. Improved communication encourages cooperation and involvement in the pursuit of common objectives.
It is the QUALITY of our EMPLOYEES that ensures the FUTURE of our company. Come join us!
We currently are seeking people with DRIVE to join our team of dedicated individuals. DSI/LSI offers a great work atmosphere with competitive pay and great benefits, including weekly pay periods, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as company match 401(k) and much more!
We are currently seeking DRIVERS to join our team. As a DSI/LSI driver, you will have the opportunity to safely operate heavy-duty commercial vehicles to collect residential and/or commercial waste or recyclables.
• Completes residential and/or commercial routes as assigned and on schedule in accordance with company policies, safety policies, OSHA, DOT regulations, and all local, state and federal laws
• Deliver and pick up equipment as assigned
• Accurately record all instructions from customers and relay them to their Supervisor.
• Follow maps and written instructions to locate customers’ premises
• Completes documentation of manifest including pre and post route inspections
• Informs supervisor and/or dispatch of any unsafe conditions or obstructed roadways or alleyways
• Performs general maintenance on trucks during shift, including but not limited to: checking oil and fuel levels.
• Ensures that truck and cab is cleaned daily.
• Must hold and maintain a current Class A or B CDL license with no suspensions or revocations within the last 3 years
• Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
• Must have experience driving in ice, snow, and other conditions.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to safely push, pull, bend, twist, sit, stand, and lift up to 100 pounds.
• Ability to safely operate and maintain equipment
• Considerable ability to see during the day and night, including good peripheral vision to operate equipment.
• Considerable ability to maintain a good driving record and to drive safely and legally.
• Considerable ability to work outside and drive during inclement weather and extremes of temperature.
• Ability to work with exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises
• Working ability to communicate effectively with dispatch, staff, and the public and to operate a radio and phone.
• Working ability to read and follow written and oral instructions and to hear at a level sufficient to communicate with staff and avoid safety concerns.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with peers, customers, and supervisors.
• Ability to adhere to company rules and regulations.
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044