At Dick’s Sanitation (“DSI“) we believe our most important asset is the people who make up our company. Our standards and objectives are high. We are committed to the team philosophy and believe that our common effort will build an organization of which we can be proud.
As a family owned company since 1966 that started with one route and one truck, we have grown to over 140 employees and operate 90 trucks. Our company offers a wide variety of services, including: residential, multi-family, commercial, compactor, and roll-off services.
We continue to grow and evolve with the following Operating Philosophy:
Quality and Service for the Customers
Opportunity and Prosperity for the Individual
Profitability and Growth for the Organization
At DSI we are committed to the continual fulfillment of these principles through teamwork. Teamwork empowers individuals to achieve and innovate by vesting in them the authority to act and the responsibility for results. Improved communication encourages cooperation and involvement in the pursuit of common objectives.
It is the QUALITY of our EMPLOYEES that ensures the FUTURE of our company. Come join us!
We currently are seeking people with DRIVE to join our team of dedicated individuals. DSI offers a great work atmosphere with competitive pay and great benefits, including weekly pay periods, Paid Time Off, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as company match 401(k) and much more!
We are currently seeking experienced mechanics to join our team. As a DSI mechanic, you will repair, diagnose truck issues, and repair hydraulic, electrical issues in trucks along with light welding and light computer diagnosis. This includes truck brands such as Autocar, Freightliner, Sterling, and International.
This is a 2nd shift position, M-F 2:30 PM to 11:30 PM.
• Repair and maintain diesel and CNG gas engine vehicles
• Inspect and repair brakes
• Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, transmissions, clutches, and differential units
• Follows all safety regulations and policies. Work safely.
• Follows federal, state and local regulations governing hazardous waste disposal.
• Perform work as outlined on repair orders efficiently and accurately
• Utilize testing equipment, precision instruments and gauges, hand tools, portable power tools, cranes and hoists as needed.
• Clean tools, equipment, shop and service truck for acceptable appearance. Complete service reports and other documentation as required
• Attends training classes as required
• Diesel truck Vo-tech certification OR minimum 2 year diesel truck mechanic experience
• Must be legally eligible to work in the United States
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to regularly and safely push, pull, bend, twist, sit, stand, and lift up to 70 pounds.
• Ability to safely operate and maintain equipment
• Ability to use a computer and calculator
• Ability to work with exposure to dust, fumes, smoke, and loud noises
• Working ability to read and follow written and oral instructions and to hear at a level sufficient to communicate with staff and avoid safety concerns.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with peers, customers, and supervisors.
• Ability to maintain a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to adhere to company rules and regulations
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044