The Continuous Improvement (CI) Director plays a strategic role in leading the organization in designing and implementing business processes and operating systems that help achieve our financial objectives. This leadership role will be responsible for delivering a system and culture resulting in year-on-year continuous improvements that achieve and sustain Post Consumer Brands as the industry’s low cost producer to fuel our growth strategies. This position will partner across all functions of the organization to help achieve focus, alignment, and synchronization and ensure we have the right systems, tools, and methods that deliver real time feedback and quantifiable metrics leading the business for best practices on all aspects of performance while ensuring process consistency across the company.
The CI Director leads by example; consistently modeling our core values and creating the conditions for others to deliver exceptional results. Strong people leadership, talent development, cross-functional teaming, communication, change leadership, and interpersonal skills are critical complements to strong technical leadership skills.
• Drives continuous improvement efforts companywide with goal of achieving a sustained CI Culture based on a set of standards focused on CI Leadership, Problem Solving, Standard Work and Management Operating System.
• Implement and sustain continuous improvement practices and culture throughout the organization that will drive Post Consumer Brands to become and sustain the industry position of being the low cost producer.
• Provides overall leadership on strategy for implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
• Builds the continuous improvement team that provides support, education and facilitation for deployment of CI Standards across PCB.
• Develop and lead the implementation of operating processes, systems, and metrics that deliver consistent year over year improvement.
• Develop and collaborate with PCB leadership to ensure alignment, prioritization and effective execution of improvement activities while reviewing P&L scope, resource needs and business objectives.
• Evaluate PCB’s ability to deploy and sustain optimal business processes and systems aligned with concepts of Lean, Six Sigma, Standard Work, Real Time Metrics, Key Performance Indicators, and continuous improvement practices.
• Leads PCB in developing and implementing real-time metrics (visual and accessible), and priorities, to eliminate inefficiencies and impacts to core metrics, which translates to increased performance, potential and reliability.
• Develop and promote the right behaviors and competencies to sustain a culture of continuous improvement necessary to support both short and long term business objectives.
• Monitors and ensures that the CI Standards are yielding performance improvement across all manufacturing facilities resulting in OEE, yield, and reliability gains. Take action to adjust and improve CI Standards as necessary.
• Leads the development and integration of CI standards into newly acquired businesses.
• Integrate/participate in the overall PCB leadership community by sharing and seeking best practices and methodologies and finding new ways to help drive for maximizing performance that sustains PCB’s mission; “Let’s Make Better Happen”.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Management, Science or related field. MBA preferred.
• Ability to lead and influence directly and indirectly at all levels of the organization.
• Minimum 10 years in leadership, working across multiple disciplines.
• Must have strong and comprehensive understanding of complex processes and how to implement them
• Successful track record in leading large scale change.
• Strong Leadership, motivation, decision-making, problem solving, results orientation, and ability to work with ambiguity.
• Vision: the skill to see and clearly articulate how pieces fit to create the big picture and how a change in one area can severely impact what occurs in other areas.
• Engagement: understanding that enhancing process effectiveness is not a one-time activity but constant iterations of improvement
• Demonstrated success in leading and implementing operational effectiveness/improvement strategies.
• Strong knowledge of manufacturing systems and business processes.
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.