This is a teaching position that assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of early childhood care and enrichment activities, programs, and services to children three to six years of age in a safe and enriching environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
1. Communicates the Wonder Zone program mission and vision, as well as implements goals and objectives that are supportive of the department and district missions, visions, and strategic plans.
2. Develops and implements an age-appropriate theme-based curriculum that aligns with the Minnesota Early Childhood Indicators of Progress.
3. Delivers a high standard of customer service including serving as the primary contact for program-specific needs, problem-solving, conflict resolution, and making accommodations for all participants.
4. Works directly with large and small groups of children in planned activities throughout a variety of settings, such as classroom, cafeteria, gym, playground, and while on field trips.
5. Manages day-to-day onsite operations including the monitoring and ordering of classroom supplies.
6. Supervises Wonder Zone Assistants and Special Education Paraprofessionals.
7. Communicates with parents/guardians on a daily basis to ensure child success.
8. Assists with and executes program-specific assessments, evaluations, and surveys with participants, parents, and staff.
9. Develops and implements age-appropriate, hands-on learning experiences using a variety of technology tools.
10. Adapts curriculum to meet individual needs of students in the program.
11. Collaborates with school and district personnel.
12. Maintains district documentation and records for each child.
13. Contributes to department and district committees as well as represents the program at student and parent meetings.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Open to occasional adjustments in the work schedule.
2. Assists Wonder Zone Coordinators and managers in maintaining program records.
3. Performs duties with awareness of all district requirements and procedures, Board of Education policies, as well as government laws, rules, and regulations.
4. Performs other duties as assigned by the Wonder Zone Coordinators and Manager.
(Specific training or job experience required before appointment):
1. B.A. or B.S. Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred. Must have 2-year Early Childhood degree / Early Childhood experience.
2. Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
3. Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Able to work in settings of high volume.
5. Able to work outdoors in various kinds of weather.
6. Skilled in the use of computers.
Tagged as: Child Care
An ESS special education paraprofessional, under the supervision of an ESS Instructor and Special Education Lead, provides direct and indirect...Apply For This Job
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044