This is a teaching position that assists in the development, implementation, and evaluation of school-age care and enrichment activities, programs, and services to children grades K-5 in a safe and enriching environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
1. A strong commitment to working with children as well as the ability to work well in a team setting.
2. Works directly with and supervises large and small groups of children in planned activities throughout a variety of settings, such as classroom, cafeteria, gym, computer lab, playground, and while on field trips.
3. Ability to work with children with a variety of needs.
4. Supervises children during transition, breakfast, lunch, and snack.
5. Assists the Kid Zone Instructor in preparing and implementing the daily curriculum.
6. Ability to work independently, exercise mature judgment, and manage children’s behavior in a positive manner.
7. Maintains room environment by setting up, cleaning, and storing supplies and equipment.
8. Assists in promoting a safe, welcoming and caring environment.
9. Prepares and administers breakfast and snacks to children.
10. Responsible for knowledge of first aid procedures and location of first aid items in case of an emergency.
11. Ability to be flexible and work closely with other staff on non-school days.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Open to occasional adjustments in the work schedule.
2. Assists Kid Zone Instructor in maintaining program records.
3. Assists Kid Zone Instructor in placing supply and food orders.
4. Other duties as assigned by the Kid Zone Director.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (Specific training or job experience required before appointment):
1. 18 years of age, high school diploma plus AA degree, or experience working with children in a childcare or school setting.
2. Current CPR and First Aid Certification.
3. Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
4. Able to work in settings of high volume.
5. Able to work outdoors in various kinds of weather.
6. Skilled in the use of computers.
Tagged as: Child Care
An ESS special education paraprofessional, under the supervision of an ESS Instructor and Special Education Lead, provides direct and indirect...Apply For This Job
Character is what counts at the Y, where our mission and values—caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and equity—shape our culture. Exercise...Apply For This Job
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044