Responsible for assisting with City Code enforcement, Zoning Permits, and miscellaneous planning and zoning activities.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
1. Interpret Zoning Ordinance and City Code requirements and conduct inspections relating to Zoning Ordinance and City Code violations. Input inspection information on the Zoning Ordinance and City Code violation spreadsheet and upload inspection pictures to the appropriate case file folders.
2. Communicate with, and provide updates to, residents regarding on-going Zoning Ordinance and City Code complaints. Exercise sound judgment and discretion in addressing and resolving issues and effectively interact with the general public in receiving and responding to complaints.
3. Utilize Microsoft Word to prepare violation letters and utilize Microsoft Excel to track violations.
4. Review Zoning Permits and plans and perform inspections for fences and sheds.
5. Perform a variety of duties for the Planning Department on matters related to general planning and zoning.
6. Respond to requests for zoning information and interpretation of City codes and ordinances.
7. Perform other duties as apparent or assigned.
· General knowledge of the principles and practices of planning and zoning.
· Knowledge of and proficiency in the use of various computer software packages including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
· Ability to understand and interpret the City Code and Zoning Ordinance.
· Ability to communicate, both written and verbally, and the ability to listen attentively and stay poised during difficult situations.
· Ability to work independently and as a team.
Positions in this class typically require: sitting, standing, climbing, kneeling, twisting, stooping, balancing, feeling, manual dexterity, talking, hearing and seeing. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Employees performing duties of this position will frequently work in outside weather conditions. Office environment work is performed in a well-lit, well ventilated and temperature-controlled office. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. A moderate amount of travel within the City is required.
· High school graduate.
· Enrolled in a post-secondary educational institution working toward a Bachelor’s degree in planning or a related field.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record for the past 2 years.
Visit the link below to view our employment opportunities. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lakevillemn?page=1...Apply For This Job
Welcome to the City of Lakeville’s current employment opportunities! The City of Lakeville is an equal opportunity employer and does...Apply For This Job
Position Title: Senior Plans Examiner/Building Inspector 2022 Salary range: $38.18 – $47.62 Application Deadline: Open until filled The City of...Apply For This Job
Position Title: Civil Engineer Salary: $36.02 Application Deadline: Open until filled The City of Lakeville is accepting application for a...Apply For This Job
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044