BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Assists in Developing, applying and maintaining quality requirements and standards for the development and manufacture of quality products. Main processer of Engineering Changes from BTD’s customers. Understands and, as needed, provides PPAP requirements to BTD customers. Must be capable of creating and updating quality control tools to be used in the production process. Assists Customer Quality Engineer in managing customer requirements for assigned customers.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Capable of creating and updating quality tools to convey customer expectations to the organization, primarily EQCP’s, MFG’s and prints as needed.
2. Capable of generating RA’s and initiating containment as needed.
3. Participates in RA review meeting (MRB). Assigns CA’s as needed, based on consensus of the group.
4. Updates and maintains the 8D RA Table (NC Database) to assure that information in the database is accurate and matches customer rejection data.
5. Assigns CA’s to improve part quality and works with quality manager to assure robust CA’s are implemented.
6. Willing to travel to all BTD locations and customers as needed.
7. Familiar with all quality department inspection processes and part inspection reports. Capable of assisting QA and production in the development of new or changing parts.
8. When needed works directly with the customer for print request changes, deviations and submitting PPAP.
9. Familiar with customer prints, specs and requirements, is a resource for the organization when customer specific information is needed.
10. Participates in new part launch process. Works with QA manager to implement actions needed to assure customer part quality requirements are met.
11. Works with QA manager and sales team to manage quality requirements for assigned customers.
12. Works closely with the quality manager and sales team to assure that all customer requirements are being met.
13. Participates in internal ISO/LPA audit program.
14. Can provide, communicate and implement ideas that improve safety, quality, delivery and cost in part processing
15. Adhere to BTD’s employee safety manual.
16. Complies with BTD’s management system and processes.
17. Performs other work related duties as requested.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience with manufacturing and/or Quality Department processes. Strong print reading ability and basic knowledge of BTD manufacturing processes.
Experience and Skills Required: At least two years of recent BTD experience in operations, manufacturing engineering or quality (outside experience in similar organizations with similar processes may substitute) which include the following skills and abilities:
1. Ability to effectively communicate with computer, phone, drawings and written skills.
2. Possesses the skills to manage customer quality projects.
3. Strong working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices in use of metal manufacturing operations.
4. Working knowledge of medium to heavy manufacturing environment.
5. Ability to read, interpret and understand the use and application of production blueprints and specifications.
6. Ability to perform quality inspections of products.
7. Ability to establish, encourage and maintain effective working relationships with others.
8. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including: Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
9. Experience using SolidWorks.
10. Must possess a valid Driver’s License.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Line Lead has the accountability for verifying that the product they produced is made in accordance with the customer’s...Apply For This Job
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044