BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Supports the Site Director of Operations and the Site Continuous Improvement Leader/Manager in achieving site objectives for safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and continuous improvement. Focus on clerical support for operations and other continuous improvement members.
Safety is #1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) Strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) Promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) Makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety.
1. Executes First Run Capability assessments of new products and develops Standard Work Instructions to implement and improve the manufacturing plan provided by the process engineer.
2. Flexible enough to contribute to operations load by working with and in multiple departments.
3. Promotes safe work environment, conducts self within mission, vision and values.
4. Complies with BTD’s Quality System and processes.
5. Recommends and implements ideas to reduce variation, improve efficiency, and reduce costs by improving tooling, processing, and equipment use consistent with lean manufacturing practices; communicates these improvements to process engineering.
6. Uses AX software programs, Microsoft office
7. Performs other work-related duties as apparent and assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school or equivalent. At least 1 year of production or manufacturing experience. Must have intermediate Microsoft Office and computer skills.
Experience and Skills Required:
1. At least 1 year of production or manufacturing experience which includes the following skills and abilities:
2. Type 40 – 60 words per minute.
3. Strong knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
4. Must be able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with coworkers and other departments and to present ideas effectively orally and in writing.
5. Strong problem solving and process improvement skills.
6. Ability to read, interpret and understand the use of production blueprints and specifications.
7. The qualifications listed above are guidelines. Other combinations of education and experience could provide the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform this job.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Line Lead has the accountability for verifying that the product they produced is made in accordance with the customer’s...Apply For This Job
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044