BTD is a fast growing metalworking company. We provide custom metalwork services for some of the world’s top brands. Our 1100+ employees work from four facilities throughout the Midwest and Southeast. We invest in our people, our equipment, and our facilities to offer our clients the best value possible. We are also a wholly-owned subsidiary of Otter Tail Corporation, a publicly traded company on NASDAQ.
Summary: With assistance is capable of managing outside customer drawings, engineering projects, and proto-type work. Capable of gathering information as needed from design, toolmakers, sales, and outside tooling vendors. Must have good mechanical aptitude and knowledge of AutoCAD, PRO-E, Solid Works and Unigraphics.
Safety is # 1 at BTD: Our expectation is that every employee: 1) strictly follows safety policies, rules and safe work methods. 2) promptly corrects or reports safety hazards or unsafe conditions. Promptly reports injuries for prompt diagnosis and treatment. 3) makes regular suggestions for safety process improvements to support continuous improvement in safety. Actively participates in a safety process or project such as the safety committee, safety inspections, etc.
1. Capable of taking hand sketches and recreating them in CAD.
2. Capable of assisting sales with plotting new drawings, creating flat patterns, and creating part print drawings as needed for engineering projects.
3. Capable of unfolding all flat blanks, utilizing setbacks, CAD and/or chart information.
4. Capable of analyzing part bends and extrudes, using and including all views from the blueprint.
5. Utilizes and maintains (but not limited to) computer software to design parts (Solid works/Pro E/AutoCAD Etc).
6. Ability to keep all networked drawings and files organized and updated, so they are current and timely.
7. Capable of maintaining a good working repour with all areas of the company.
8. Ability to support sales on customer visits.
9. With limited direction learns to organize and prioritize their workload.
10. Performs other work-related duties as required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Graduation from high school plus two years of technical tooling and or design training. Minimum two (2) years’ directly related experience.
Experience and Skills Required: Recent related mechanical and shop experience preferred, which includes the following skills and abilities
1. Knowledge of the manufacturing process and machine equipment.
2. Knowledge of the operation of presses, press brakes, laser and turret machines, which aid in the ability to effectively design around them.
3. Knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and practices used in production jig and fixture operations.
4. Ability to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions.
5. Knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions.
6. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The Line Lead has the accountability for verifying that the product they produced is made in accordance with the customer’s...Apply For This Job
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044