Lakeville Arenas is accepting applications for Arenas Driver – Operations Lead Worker. This
position is responsible for cleaning, maintenance, and minor repairs to arena ice surfaces,
dasher board systems, resurfacing equipment, buildings, building systems, grounds, and
grounds equipment, utilizing a variety of maintenance equipment and tools. Responsible to
supervise the operations workers and other when supervisors and managers are absent.
This position is schedule to work up to 28 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and
Lakeville Arenas Locations
Lakeville Ames Arena
19900 Ipava Avenue
Lakeville Hasse Arena
8525 215th Street West
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Responsible for Arena Operations and supervising arena operations workers in absence
of Arenas Supervisors and Managers.
2. Perform resurfacing of the ice surfaces between user groups ice times in a safe manner,
while monitoring ice conditions and adjusting machine settings as needed to ensure the
best possible ice surface for customers.
3. Perform daily ice maintenance to the ice surface to include edging and chiseling the ice
along the boards, shaving and building ice thickness to maintain a consistent thickness
throughout the entire rink surface that is safe for skaters and minimizes energy
consumption to maintain.
4. Perform maintenance and minor repairs on resurfacing machines and equipment to
include performing inspections, changing blades, greasing, watering batteries, replacing
worn parts, washing and waxing of machines, charging batteries, and documenting
maintenance and repairs as completed.
7/13/2021 Job Bulletin
5. Perform inspections and record readings and conditions for ice thickness and conditions,
ice plant settings and readings, dasher and rink glass conditions, water treatment
systems, building systems, facility cleanliness, AED’s, fire extinguishers, eye wash
stations, air quality testing, and building management systems.
6. Perform daily janitorial responsibilities to include sweeping and mopping of all locker
rooms, restrooms, lobbies, halls, bleachers, and other areas used by customers and staff,
cleaning of toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors, dispensers, fixtures, and surfaces in restrooms,
filling toiletry products, stocking supplies, vacuuming of rugs and carpeted areas, cleaning
of all tables, drinking fountains, games, vending machines, windows, glass doors and
other surfaces, and the emptying of all trash and recycling containers throughout the
7. Perform other operations duties including assisting customers, operating and selling
concessions, skate sharpening, renting skates, selling pro shop supplies, game
operations, selling ice rentals, monitoring public activities, security, stocking products,
taking inventory, assigning locker rooms, answering phones, printing schedules, and
8. Perform maintenance and minor repairs including but not limited to buildings, dasher
boards & glass systems, roof repair, electrical, plumbing, heating, carpentry, painting,
winterizing and vandalism repair.
9. Perform grounds maintenance and repairs involving mowing, trimming, weed control,
seeding, sodding, irrigation, mulching, trash collection, shoveling snow, salting sidewalks,
sweeping sidewalks, power washing surfaces, snow, salting, and other work as needed.
10. Have the availability to assist with medical emergencies, take control of situations, and
complete necessary reports as required.
11. Perform other maintenance and minor repairs on other equipment such as concessions
equipment, floor scrubbers, rubber flooring, signs, bleachers, benches, lawn mowers,
snow blowers, small grounds equipment such as trimmers and blowers, and vehicles.
12. May operate any of the following equipment:
Electric Zamboni Ice Resurfacer
Electric Ice edger
Arial Lift Equipment
Single axle pickup truck and trailer
Riding mower with sweeper attachment
13. Provide excellent customer service by welcoming, engaging, and assisting customers and
visitors, responding to customer complaints and concerns in a calm, professional and
respectful manner, maintaining and promoting good relationships between co-workers,
supervisors, and the public. Comply with policies and procedures regarding uniforms,
personal hygiene, and portraying a professional and identifiable appearance for
14. Comply with and implement all safety rules, regulations and practices including wearing
appropriate safety equipment as required to protect the employee, co-workers and the
15. Participate in educational classes or seminars as requested by the city.
7/13/2021 Job Bulletin
Mechanical aptitude desirable.
Ability to perform all essential position functions including equipment operation commonly
encountered in arena maintenance operations.
Ability to perform sustained physical work in a variety of weather conditions.
Ability to perform strenuous physical labor.
Ability to lift 50 or more pounds on a regular basis.
Have general knowledge of technology and devices such as phones, iPads and
Ability to communicate and engage with customers in a friendly and professional manner
and remain calm and composed in difficult situations with upset or angry customers.
Be at least 18 years of age
Have a valid driver’s license or be able to retain one within six (6) months of employment.
Ability to take a leadership role in the absence of supervisors and managers.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
20195 Holyoke Ave
Lakeville, MN 55044
Lakeville Area Chamber of Commerce
19950 Dodd Boulevard, Suite 101
Lakeville, MN 55044